Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Uncle 'Wants' Me

I have stayed with my Aunt since I was twelve years to help her with her young children and to also make it possible for me to attend school (she and her husband pay my fees and provide my needs). At the time I moved to my mother's place, her husband had traveled outside the country.

My Aunt's husband return home four years ago -when I was twenty - and appeared to like me a lot. He'd buy me little treats whenever he went to work and showered with me with expensive gifts on special occasions like my birthday. One day when we were alone at home, he told me he was struck by looks and that he fell in love with me the very minute he set eyes on me. I was shocked speechless. He subsequently began pestering me to sleep with him which I refused.

The harassment has been going on for three years now and I don't know what to do. I fear that if I tell my Aunt or any of our relatives, it might ruin the marriage altogether and that would be the end of my schooling too - I'm in a university now. My friends at school too think that I should give in to the man's advances as some guy would sleep with me anyway at some point.

I'm confused and need help badly.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be grown up about it, lady. Being in a tertiary institution, I'm sure that you already "give some" to some lad.

Anonymous said...

Nah, I don't thik it is a good idea to give in to this sick man. Let your aunt know right away before some of your friends go 'okro mouth' on you. In that case, you will not be able to defend yourself.

Anonymous said...

Oh men!!!!! I have faced the same situation before and I gave in for my peace of mind. Honestly, I regret it now. DON'T DO IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Since you will be giving yourself to someone anyaway, give it to him!!

Anonymous said...

my dear don't even think about it.
i am in the same situation and i have stood my grounds never to in. take everything to GOD in prayer. cos he has an answer to our every need. be careful of your friends and stop giving them details about the whole thing, just tell them things are fine now,hold on fast to your faith sister.never give in.

Anonymous said...

Under no circumstances should you give in to this man. Let him know that if he attempts anything you will let your aunt and the whole family know. Men do these things everyday to exploit women. don't do it!!!

Anonymous said...

Please don't do it

Unknown said...

hey! please do not fall for his tricks. tell yourself you can overcome this. if you can set him up to get evidence shoudl in case soomething comes up and you need to defend yourself. and know that if you're able to overcome this there are more good things to come your way so be strong and don't fall for it.